Web designers can actually learn a lot of things from the history of western architecture. Both the western architecture and the web design can be defined by some common factors. Both have progressed very long in their path by reacting in a kind of similar way. We can compare today’s web design to certain things in western architecture. So in order to know where the web designing is heading, just take a look of where the architecture has already gone.
Below mentioned are some similarities we can find between the architecture history and the evolution of web design:
- Order and proportion: The refined proportions and hierarchies of classical period introduced clearly divided sections which actually served several purposes. Similarly in the web designing, mediums like pixels were stylized to mimic some prior materials; the 3D buttons represented physical buttons just like the stone triglyphs represented wooden beams.
- Thicker forms and rounder edges: In the ancient architecture, we can see that the edges were made soft and also the walls were made thicker. Similarly in the web design, the menus and buttons are transformed into heavier, bulkier and more clickable form.
- Ornate and mesmerizing: As in western architecture, how the stone was transformed into gravity-defying spectacles, in the same way flash and CSS just amazed us, as the designers started using its fundamentals and pushed the materials beyond the limit to provide users a mesmerizing web experience.
- Logical and precise: In ancient times, renaissance architecture had called for a return to classical logic. Simple and logical geometric forms replaced elaborated complexity and the designs became cleaner. It seems to be very strange that even in web designing the flat design is showing its movement towards renaissance to be more precise and logical.
- Twisting all the rules: Being so logical will be fun only for some time; but eventually we will start breaking the rules. In architecture, it means literally breaking the classic elements and twisting them into some complex form. Baroque designs were emotional and more theatric when compared to the Renaissance intellectualism. It’s hard to say how it will happen with web design. But it certainly gets started within a couple of years.
- Harkening back to the past: Once we progress through the older web designs, we will definitely start glorifying the classical beginnings and we would go full retro. Because, neoclassical web design always has its own positives.
Every art continually repeats itself in the form of revivals; same as Neoromanesque or Neogothic architectures in the olden times, certainly a new world with new technology that we can’t just imagine, will arrive in web designing.
Fortune Softtech Detroit is an exalted web design and development company where we follow a systematic and strategic approach to develop websites. We study the patrons’ requirement thoroughly and follow up with the identification of business goals to provide them the best solution. Kindly reach out to us and exploit the benefits of our web development services.