Detroit: Google officially released the latest version of Android (6.0 Marshmallow) on October 5th and it seems like the platform has brought some major changes on its latest version. Currently Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 are running the latest version of Android and other devices are yet to receive the update.
In Android 6.0 Marshmallow, users will experience some changes on the lock screen, home screen, animations, permission controls, volume controls and much more.
Here are the 5 main changes the users can see in Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
- Lock Screen: In Android 5.0, Google’s main vision was to make the things simpler and easier because of which it had introduced some quick swipe icons to launch voice controls, unlock phone and to launch camera. But now in Android 6.0, it seems like Google wants users to use the voice commands. Now you don’t have to consider swiping to unlock your phone or to make calls. Instead, you can just tap on ‘mic’ symbol on your lock screen and start giving voice commands.
- App Tray: App drawer on Android has seen many changes and now with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the app tray has been changed yet again. Instead of flipping through the horizontal pages, you will now have a vertical scrolling list. The apps are listed alphabetically and there is a dedicated row for 4 frequently used apps on the top. There’s also a search bar on the top which helps users to reach the apps without having to scroll the entire list.
- Notification Bar: If you just take a look at the UI of Android 6.0, the experience looks almost the same, but is actually different and there are lots of changes. On dropping down the notification bar, you can see an option called ‘Do Not Disturb’ enabling which turns off all the alarms and notifications. This mode has been developed with user controls in the mind, providing options for zero notifications and customizable priority mode where just the selected contacts will be allowed through.
- Google Now on Tap: Google Now is certainly one of the best features of Android which is getting better each day. From sending text messages to making voice calls, Google Now does it all. Now in the latest version, a new feature called Google Now on Tap has been integrated. On long pressing the home button, instead of launching Google Now, you will see half of your screen being used by Google Now. This reads your phone’s screen, analyses it on Google search and shares the information instantly without even leaving the app you are in.
- Android Pay: Android 6.0 has also introduced a new feature called Android Pay which is similar to Google Wallet. Android Pay allows users to add debit or credit cards to their phone and make wireless mobile payments. Just set up Android Pay on your phone, secure it with a pic or fingerprint and start paying using your phone.
Want to outsource Android Application Development in Detroit? Here we are! Fortune Softtech, a renowned mobile apps development company in Detroit has been providing its services to patrons from quite a long time. Our developers in Detroit have a proven track record of building astonishing applications for various SMEs and large organizations. Make us your partner for the next Android development project; we’ll provide you the matchless solution at a reasonable cost.